Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Restaurant Style Rasam

I know all of us mostly like home made comfort food......but, sometimes feel like a change to the restaurant.....such time we do have the favorite comfort food in restaurant style...one such change is this yummy yum.....Rasam, that too in Andhra Restaurant style, I have not name it "R.S Rasam....", people who have tasted this rasam at my place could not resist it, they named it so .....most of them act like kids while eating this.....humm...they even lick their finger too.....some of them drink it in cups, most of them end up in pulling the recipe......need not take my word for this.....if u try u will know it......need not be a Southern Indian relish Rasam.......the best combination for Veg-people, is Rasam Rice with potato curry and if Non-Veg-people it's always with chichken.....ok.ok..I know I have already told lot about rasam, Now the recipe fallows..............


Ingredients:
  • 1cup cooked toor dhal, 2medium ripe tomatoes( boiled, peeled and pureed), 2tsp.tamarind extract(soak a small Gooseberry sized tamarind in 1/4cup of water and squeeze the extract), 2tsp. Rasam powder of your choice(I use MTR rasam powder or Home made powder), 1/4tsp.turmeric powder, salt to taste, 2pods garlic(crushed), 1/2tsp.jaggery, 2springs curry leaves, coriander leaves for garnishing, 1tsp.oil(if generous add ghee, it enhances the taste of rasam), 2no.whole redchillies,1tsp.jeera, 1tsp.mustard, 1/4tsp.Asafoetida.

Method:

  • Add cooked dhal, tamarind extract, tomato puree, turmeric, salt and 3&1/2cups of water in a pan, cook on medium high heat til it comes to a rolling boil, then reduce the flame to medium, add rasam powder and allow to boil. Meanwhile in a pan add oil/ghee, once it is hot, add whole red chillies, mustard, jeera, crushed garlic, asafoetida, once they start to splutter, add this seasoning, jaggery, curry leaves, coriander leaves to rasam, increase the flame to medium high and cook it until it comes to a rolling boil(it takes about a min.), immediately remove from the flame(rasam should not be cooked for a long time after adding rasam powder and seasoning, over boiling spoils the taste of rasam)....serve it with steamed white rice.......

24 yummies:

Ash said...

Wanna have that piping hot rice, with a spoon full of ghee on it & this rasam on it.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Awesome feeling.... What a yummy imagination....

Ash....
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This looks very inviting!

SE said...

yummy...i love rasam..i agree with you ..because the first thing that I pick up at a buffet is rasam even before I look at the menu..its a comfort soup for me..

Vikis Kitchen said...

Wow ! the name itself makes me drool.Rasam looks so gorgeous. I can smell it from here.

Unknown said...

Comforting, healthy and yum. comfortable food for me.would Love to gobble it up with hot rice..look so colorful and delicious dear!!Perfect for this weather.

Vrinda said...

Lov rasam made with cooked daal...looks very tempting...

Unknown said...

Lovely comfort food.

Nandinis food said...

R.S Rasam looks slurpy! Dear ,you are tempting with rasams and am more craving for it.

Tina said...

Sooo tempting.

Uma said...

looks so yummy :)

Urmi said...

Rasam looks gorgeous, tempting and mouth watering. I love rasam very much.

Padhu Sankar said...

Comforting food for this season.

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

Perfect pic..looks very delicious!!!

sangeeta said...

i can have it as a soup.... may be with some reduced heat.
looks very flavorful..

LifenSpice said...

No matter what style it is, it looks really tempting!!!

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Prasu
Nowadays I am tagging all Rasam recipes, from here, from Sangeetha and others.As soon as House painting is over , I will go beserk , and to start with I will make this P.S Rasam and Not R.S Rasam...:-)

priya said...

so comforting for this season...looks spicy n delicious!!

priya said...

Hi dear,

Plz collect ur award frm my blog!

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Aree wah.. Restaurant wala.. Will i get a Vada along with this rasam??

Chitchat said...

Rasam and Alu roast - ideal combo to have on a cold, rainy day. Wow!!! Loved your rasam.

Chitchat
http://chitchatcrossroads.blogspot.com/

Latha said...

Rasam looks tempting....wish I could have some now as I am down with cold.

Sarah Naveen said...

Rasam looks fabulously yummy!!!
OOh!!!!

Anupama said...

Truly restaurant style... Can I have a glass of it please??!!!

my kitchen said...

I love rasam,pass that bowl to me

Related Posts with Thumbnails