Saturday, July 4, 2009

Munakkaya Jeedipappu Kura/Drumsticks with Cashews

This is purely an Andhra Delicacy........I myself not aware of this curry until my marriage....I first tasted this curry in My Mom-In-Law's House....later, it became my favorite. This is the recipe from my mother-in-laws kitchen......

Ingredients:
12no. Drumsticks/munakkayalu(I used frozen variety), 1cup,cashew nuts(soaked for about half an hour), 1tomato(diced), 1/2onion(roughly chopped), 2cups.milk, 1/4tsp.turmeric powder, 1/2tsp.red chilli powder(adjust as per spice levels), 1/4tsp.coriander powder,salt to taste, 1/4tsp.mustard&jeera each, 2springs curry leaves, 2tsp.oil.
In a pan heat the oil, once it is hot add mustard, jeera and curry leaves, once they start to splutter add onion and fry until they are soft and pink, then add the tomato and fry for a while, then add drumsticks, cashews, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and milk and cover with lid and cook on medium heat until drumsticks and cashews are soft.......then adjust the seasoning and turn off the heat once you reach the above shown consistency(it takes appx. 20-25min)........serve it hot with steamed rice.

0 yummies:

Related Posts with Thumbnails